 Castle / 19898
Re: High-Res pictures of the new Knights Kingdom Figs (both minifig and large versions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   Legoland CA has 2 of the new minifig KK sets out - the large castle (#8781 - Castle Of Morcia and #8777 - Vladek Encounter pic -- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=768418). And they also have all 5 of the large KK2 figs.

I have put BIG pictures of all the figs, large and small as well as other parts (armor, horses, etc) up on brickshelf, you can check it out if you like.

A note about the castle, I am not sure if this has been gone over here but the castle is a 2-in-1 castle. The color theme swithces to blue to red with only a few twists. The colored parts are set up on turntables that allow for easy, fast switching.

Lots of good pars in the castle set - lots of big slopes and other nice parts. Oh, and the ‘blue’ in this set is not ‘blue’ it is a blue-violet, a new color that looks nice on this set.

ANOTHER new color? So much for controlling the palette. What a crock.

   The larger figs are much nicer than I was expecting. Lego has learned from Galidor and took that info as well as the Bionicle basics and made a nice, solid figure made up of bricks (for the most part). Even if you do not like the figs there is some nice parts in there that would be worth your time.

I like these guys (both large and small) and the kids love the larger figures - and they do NOT fall apart like Galidor did, and they are more ‘solid’ than Bionicle. I can see why they may not be well liked by some, but no matter what not everybody is going to go crazy about something that comes out.

Enjoy! Mark

The new sets have some interesting faces, and the helmet on the shadow knight is very cool. Also, the green armor is nice. I like the shape of the new shields even if the graphics look like Arena Football League teams, but that’s what Brasso is for. The new swords remind me of Voltron more than anything.

All in all, there’s not enough in the new castle sets to make me to buy them at a 75% discount, even if they came in old grays. I can’t figure out why Castle design has taken such a nosedive at a time when HP and Train sets are on such a roll design-wise. I’ll probably a few bits of these after some Bricklink seller buys a thousand of these things on clearance.

Marc Nelson Jr.