 Castle / 19818
Re: A windmill and five more shops/houses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 13:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote:
   Man, that is a busy weekend!

Yes. The week and weekend before a show are always busy. My wife hates those weeks.

   I think my favorites are the four “other” buildings :) I really like how the first two have interesting shapes to them. I think all the color schemes are very nice. The last two are just plain great simple little shops/houses!

Thanks. There is something about the 3rd “other” building, in person it has the cutest feel to it. Between the size and color scheme.

   The red building has a very cool balcony. I especially like the hatch! I would like to see a window or something in the attic to make it feel a little less ‘top heavy’, which is something I’ve had a problem or two with looking back on some of my creations. I can’t wait to see what you do with the interior!

I agree that the red one does feel a little top heavy. I have some ideas for moving the stairs to the side and I wanted to added a floor for the attic, so I will be changing the structure before I add details, but I hope to get a chance next week.

   The base/balcony of the windmill is very nice. I think you could improve the top by adding some kind of roof, and also allowing the top part to swivel to catch the wind in any direction.

Thanks, between this and some other constructive criticism I have some great ideas on how to make a better windmill next time. Thanks!

   Anyway, great work! I wish I could make it to the show this weekend!

Thanks. Well maybe another time, I’ve been pushing Castle pretty hard within MichLUG, so I’m sure we will continue to have castle layouts for some time to come.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG