 Castle / 19694
19693  |  19695
Subject:
Wizard's fire spell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:18:36 GMT

Does anyone remember that post several months ago where some guy made a really cool looking tree out of tons of flame pieces hooked together? Well, I got to thinking about other cool stuff that could be made out of lots of flame pieces hooked together (‘cause after all, we all have a ton of them).

As it turns out, you have to daisy chain the flame pieces. Each flame has 4 grooves where it looks like you could insert the tiny peg from the base of another, but only 1 works. 1 groove is too small, and 2 grooves are too big, so the flames have to be connected end to end. However, each new flame in the chain can be turned in almost any direction.

One obvious application of this flame chaining would be a flamethrower, which I’ll probably attempt later. The other application is some kind of flame-producing magic spell, which is what I did.

In order to get maximum flaminess, I used a 1X1 brick with studs on all sides on top of a brown lightsaber blade as the magic wand. This let me get 3 chains of flame. I was quite surprised at the sturdiness of the flame chain once I got it together. The spell survived several trips in my car with nothing but the wizard holding the wand.

Here’s the folder: Fire Spell folder

David “Fuzzy” Gregory