 Castle / 19674
  James' Castle Project

After a few months of sitting on my hard drive I've uploaded the pictures of my latest project to my site. The project is to build a castle modularly, each time building on the previous so at the end of each stage I havew a full castle. Stages 1-3 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: James' Castle Project

James, that's looking really ace. I don't suppose that hill is modular is it? Is there any chance we'll get to see it in the ABS? If it's not movable then you owe us a minifest - I want to see it for real when it's done! Psi (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote thusly: (...) Whence Tw0nst3r replieth: This is really cool! I like how you've decided to evolve the castle like a real one would grow...it lends an air of authenticity to your MOC. Especially nice to me are the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) Looks very nice. You have done a good job of having the castle conform to the terrain. Also you put in a lot of different buildings, which is good. The crane to get goods is a great idea as well. I'm looking forward to the next stages. Jason (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:HwJ75o.4nF@lugnet.com... (...) it? (...) then (...) Hi Simon, the whole thing is modular (32 x 80 studs sections I think) or I'd never move it. It has been to 2 fests, once as it is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) That is simply beautifull. The cliffs... the castle itself, and the landscape are amazing. And the courtyards of the castle look great, and the wooden scaffolding/crane is a very nice touch. One minor complaint. I dont really like the way your (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

"Mark Williams" <Markwms@covad.net> wrote in message news:HwLGtL.21Bv@lugnet.com... (...) landscape (...) look (...) grass a (...) Thanks Mark. you are right, the grass needs to be defined more againt the rocks rather than being flush. I may well (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) That winch is very nice. Have you thought about doing some hoarding? Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) Thanks Mark Hoarding is a distinct possibility, and I like putting it on, but you have to find somewhere its going to look right. Ideally on a wall linking to a tower or it looks kinda odd sitting on its own. -- James Stacey ------ (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.castle)