 Castle / 19660
Re: Medieval Townhall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:29:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote:
   Paul, this is an awesome model. I’m sure the picture doesn’t do its size justice! I really like how the circular ‘tiled’ roof looks. Why didn’t you use this for all of the roofing? Can’t wait to see the interior!

James

The fact I didn’t do both roofs like this was three-fold: I wanted to finish the buidling over easter weekend, and had “only” 1000 tiles, which would have not been enough to cover all. Second, I wanted some variation, as many of such buildings were build, and later an addition was build on. That was a bit of background. Third is that the many angles in the shape of the other roof does not work well with the tiles, as they overlap per row, and straight lines are only half-covered, or stick over by half a tile. In concave corners, there are also problems, but some day I may try it anyway. Thanks for your kind comments, hope this explains the dual-type roofing.

Paul