 Castle / 19486
Re: .Castle Sidebar new look
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:40:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Yaron Dori wrote:

   If you have any comments, suggestions etc. about what we can add/change please let us know

Hey,

   It looks great. I especially like the new banners you’ve made for “projects” and “news”.

Hi Bruce, thanks for you comments

   A couple of suggestions:

1. The first two items in the sidebar--the “castle” banner and the shield--are sort of wasted space. These basically just push the real content of the sidebar lower down, and generally you want to reduce the need to scroll down.

OK, I shrinked them together so they’ll take less space

   2. The “classic castle” and “castle world” buttons seem out of place. It’s best that buttons have the same size and style. Of course, when these buttons are from another site there is an issue there. Maybe if the buttons were put to the right of the words they would clash less? At least that way they would not be lined up with the banners you’ve created, so it wouldn’t seem like they were supposed to match.

Fixed

   3. Another link in the “links” on the front page should be:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/customview.cgi?include=Castle

the most recent castle creations on Brickshelf.

Added

   4. In the “knights” section you link to people’s Brickshelf accounts, but it would be good to also link to their MOCpages accounts and personal websites. I know there is some redundancy there if they are already listed in the “links” section, but doubling the links to personal sites just means more possible traffic, which is a good thing (as Martha Stewart would say).

True but I really need to start gathering the entire database for that so we’ll see about that.

Thanks very much for your comments

BTW I also shrinked a bit the small title flags as others said.

   Yaron “Webrain” Dori