 Castle / 19151
Re: Crusader's Trebuchet v2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:24:50 GMT

That great James. Siege weaponary always looks good in black. Fits well with
the classic theme

I may have to have a go at building this one. Have you tried using a cloth
minifig cloak for the bag, you may have to modify ot slightly, but its still
Lego ;)

way to go

--
James Stacey
------
"James Brink" <brinkjm@purdue.edu> wrote in message
The crusaders' are back with a bigger and more powerful trebuchet:

They improved upon their original design
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=64933) and can now launch • 2x2
round bricks at the enemy from as far away as 6 (human) ft.

This trebuchet uses a LEGO boat weight for the counterweight and my • patented
minifig hand release pin mechanism. Unfortunately, it uses a non-LEGO • pouch,
which is just a piece of construction paper that I have softened up.

Here are the deep links:

Loaded and ready to unleash destruction:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Castle/CrusadersTrebuchetV2/ct1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Castle/CrusadersTrebuchetV2/ct2.jpg

Trigger and pin mechanism:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Castle/CrusadersTrebuchetV2/ct3.jpg

The pouch ready to fire:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Castle/CrusadersTrebuchetV2/ct4.jpg

Unloaded:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbrink44/Castle/CrusadersTrebuchetV2/ct5.jpg

Enjoy!

James

P.S. I just sent this to Lenny, so anyone who is going to PDX can check • this out
in person.