 Castle / 18372
Re: A little lion I'm working on...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:36:12 GMT

Hi Anthony!

   It is the Lion Heart Shield (my own name, don’t really know what to call it)

This name fits perfectly as it exactly describes what the shield shows :-)

   I came up with this design: Please let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from people who own the shield or fig or sticker and find out how close (or not) I’ve come to recreating it.

I think you came close. In fact I think closer wouldn’t be necessary.
It’s funny that your design is somewhat “over-correct”. In your picture the yellow edge is accurately of the same width on either side. But all original shields I’ve ever seen (including the shields I used to have when I was a child ·sigh·) are slightly off-centered. You can notice this also in your reference pic. But that’s more than OK. Your attempt was meant to equip an army of a faction and not to fake pricey figures for 1592-sets up for sale :-)

Bye
Jojo