 Castle / 17713
Re: Castle Town Standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:48:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dylan Jambrek wrote:
   Well I was looking at Jim Fould’s wonderful citadel and I spotted this in the background, http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jfoulds/Citadel/citadel2.jpg “Castle Town Standard” With diagrams for what looks like a moonbase for castle fans. Are my eyes decieving me? I believe I see a wall diagram for what I would think to be a walled city, and a square with what looks like 4 exits, similar to the moonbase project. Are castlers getting a module?

If so, what’s the deal? How come I haven’t seen a post on it(I wasn’t at brickfest, obviously) Is there medium, and large sized module like in the moonbase? What are the specifications? Who came up with this?

Are castler’s getting something to bring them together, instead of building their grand fortresses in their homes? Or am I just speculating too much from the board behind Jim’s Citadel? Ideas are swimming in my head :D

Well, I guess the cat’s out of the bag. This was going to be finalized and offered to the Castle Community when a finalized web page and rules list could be compiled. Lenny and Ben M. are working on this currently (and perhaps myself as well, I don’t know how ‘in the loop’ I am right now).

At friday’s castle round table, we discussed a way to bring the castle community together. The Spacers have the moonbase, and though we have Medieval Marketplace, it didn’t really ‘do it’ for some people.

So we discussed and devised a standard for building a medieval city, compatible with the Medieval Marketplace, that would allow for the building of a more randomized city. After all, there are very few straight roads and perfect ‘T’ and ‘X’ intersections in ancient cities.

But I’m not going to get into many details. I’ll let the people with the notes do that.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros