 Castle / 17370
Re: Lord of the Rings minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:11:59 GMT

Hi Matt

Thank you for your compliments. For my minifigs I actually used a combination of
different mediums to obtain the final results that I wanted. For most of my
white figs, I prefer a type of thin, transparent, and printable labels which you
can find in pretty much any stationary stores; but this medium just isn't
effective at all on a darker torso as the designs will have trouble showing up
against a dark background, in which case I printed my designs on stickers and
the trick, there, of course, is to try to match the color of the torso as best
as you can :)

Now for the heads, for most of the yellow ones the transparent labels work well.
But for the darker color heads (I'm making some drows at the moment, they'll be
posted on my website, hopefully, shortly), stickers, being thicker, tend to not
stick very well on their curve surface so I find the best thing to do is to
simply draw the eyes and mouths with special markers (you can get some with
really fine points these days in most hobby shops. And in different colors,
too!). With care and practices, it shouldn't be too hard to master :) Hope that
answers your questions.

Regards,
Isaac