 Castle / 17254
Re: Advice for lego Purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:10:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:
   Hi all,

         I need some advice on a lego purchase. It'll probably be the last
shop at home order I do in a while as I'm headed down to NZ. So would you all
recomend bulk pieces or legend sets? (All for castle purposes).

My recommendation is to buy as many copies of 3739 Blacksmith Shop as you can.
It has a great number of grey bricks, arches, windows, roof bricks, and detail
pieces.

As for bulk packs, I've done some studying, and you're better off ordering from
Bricklink for almost all quantities.  For example, the SAH 1x4 grey bricks, with
50 pieces for $5.99 runs at $.12 per piece.  At the 5% discount it is $.114, at
10% it is $.108, and at 15% it is $.102 [1].

Meanwhile, I'm pretty darn sure you can find 1x4 grey bricks on Bricklink for
$.10 pretty easily, and with Ozbricks, Troy's, and Bricks4You, they've got the
quantity to match almost all of your needs.  Here's a link:
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=1+x+4&searchSort=Q&sz=10&sellerUsername=&t=5&c=9&u=&i=&uR=&invNew=&itemType=&invType=

Not all are below $.10, but some are!

Mean while, sets like 3739 feature a $.06 price per piece (PPP), and Guarded Inn
is at $.102,

-Lenny

[1] = 5 copies = 5% off, 10 copies 10%, 15 copies = 15% off.