 Castle / 15167
Re: Roll Call Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:35:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
The best way to "bring castle back" (did it go somewhere?) is build MOCs and
post them.  The more the better.  There have been great ideas put forth for
various projects but what we need is more MOCs.  Medieval Marketplace MOCs,
Medieval Town MOCs, Landscape MOCs, battle MOCs, fortress MOCs, LDRAW MOCs,
any kind of castle MOC!  MOC, MOC, MOC!  Build, build, build!  Post, post,
post!  Oops, got a little crazy there for a minute, sorry.  Anyway, I'm
tired of talking about building, let's get building.

AGREED!  :)

PS  A little bit a .castle heresy here (you can burn me at the stake if you
want) but those guys, "who carry Blasters" and are going to get pierced by
all the arrows, have some pretty good ideas.  And, I will admit, I enjoy
building some futuristic, spacey thing every once in a while.  Why do we
have to always bash on .space?  (Whiney voice) Why can't we all just get
along? (end whiney voice)  You know .trains is actually bigger than .space
but we don't say things like "death to locomotives" or anything like that.
Just rambling...bye for now.

(The "rivalry" between Space & Castle has been an ongoing inside joke since
before I joined Lugnet two years ago.  For the most part, it has been
harmless fun, like two young brothers teasing each other in the back seat of
a car.)

I think .robotics gets far more posts than any other group, perhaps because
that group includes many posters who are more interested in robotic
application of Lego rather than simple fans of the brick who appreciate all
applications and typically have a longer history with the hobby (that all is
just my theory).

Discounting .robotics, I propose we make a proposal to propose to .space
that we (.castle) should join with them (.space) in a temporary pact to
jointly overthrow .trains.  Not only do they get more posts in .trains, but
they also have far greater showroom displays and better organized LUGs
(especially when they mix in Town stuff).  The group projects like Moonbase
and Medieval Marketplace are in their youth compared to some of the Train
layouts that tour homeshows and brick festivals.  Perhaps, Castle & Space
need to pool their resources and establish dominance jointly before they can
fight it out to see who is better between them.

...Or Castle can try to defeat the smaller enemy (.space) first in hopes
that the spoils of war (i.e. bricks) it gains will support a future campaign
against the larger enemy (.trains)...  (Although I have found that a single
brick can derail a Lego train... Hmmmmm....)

-Hendo, who needs to build more spaceships (oops, did I type that out loud?)

PS  For those in .trains that missed it, this is all in good humor...  :)