 Castle / 1510 (+20)
  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

Rick Kurtzuba wrote in message ... (...) A poor medieval farming village will have very limited buisinesses. People don't have money so they will do all their own work. It will need a mill (though that being down by the stream, might not be in the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Frank Filz (<Fo38JK.C3H@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:46:58 (...) Are these plates the 'standard' LEGO brown? Do they come from the second release of Ninja sets? We haven't had them in the UK yet; they sound quite useful. (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) ... and the winner is ... amf70! In the past 4 years I haven't seen anyone outbid this guy. If it's rare and it's something he wants, he will get it. No matter what the price. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) Yes and yes. Ninja's Fire Fortress comes with a 16x16 brown baseplate, and Emperor's Stronghold comes with a 16x32 baseplate. Very useful. :) James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) That's Abner all right. Even *I* don't go up against him (much). He has some amazing stuff(1), some of which I have been privileged enough to see. Thanks, Abner... Note the timings, he's got sniping down to a science. That other sniper, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) cover for the brown 16x16 baseplate;) -- pn (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) But, the question is.... Does he read/post on Lugnet? RTL? (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (Update)Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes: <snipped discussion about why LEGO lights are dim> (...) Well, James Powell was kind enough to send me a transformer out of his spares(1), and I hooked it up this weekend as a test. Long and short of it: the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

Verry few had barns or stable houses at this time. Though most has typical farm animals since most in small villages were tenent farmers. They would keep the animals on the first floor and live on the second. The animals were kept in the house for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(Please note the crosspost - trim your groups when replying! Comments about the 'figs should got to .castle, comments about the photography or the camera to .publish) Well, I went out and got a digital camera today...finally. It came down to the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

beautiful job on the painting, jeff! those are some great looking 'figs and the gold trim details are especially nice! later ~ craig~ (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

These are some interesting questions I've been asking myself as well, so I'll chip in with my own thoughts... (...) small (...) comes - what (...) Towns tended to be built around a well or something, from which all the people could gather the water (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) I am actually working on a whole castle village's worth of custom models at the moment... and here are the ideas I'm developing: Town Well: As mentioned in other posts - the focal point of the town. Wind Mill: Another essential focal point of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC Rock castle almost finished

My Rock Castle is getting close to completion. The main structure covers 3 x 3.5 32-stud baseplates, and the hardest part actually was to fit everything in that confined space ;-) If time and table room would allow, I could go on doing the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC Rock castle almost finished

I really can't wait -- I think you've made some of the nicest models ever built from Lego bricks. :) I loved the Frost Castle, it's a major source of inspiration I have for my Alpine Kingdom, which is somewhere in its planning stages. -- Paul (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) Thanks, Craig! Craigo-lego was definitely the biggest inspiration that actually got me thinking about the possibilities of painted or otherwise decorated LEGO. I still think we need a lugnet.blasphemy group for painting, sawing, snipping, and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Accessory Color Question

(...) Well, there were light-blue gems in some of the 1999 ninja sets... I know they were in 6093 (Flying Ninja's Fortress), and they MIGHT have been in the Emperor's boat set as well (Too lazy to look it up) 'Course that's just LIGHT blue... DaveE (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Dan wrote in message ... (...) the (...) for (...) their (...) OK, I got out the dictionary, and still don't know what some of the words you used are. What is ferrier? Hobbler? (...) fame (...) all (...) Is that similar to a modern day health (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

As a seller, I really like Abner ;-) As a competing buyer, its futile. My feeling about this set, is that its a knock-off, like Mega Blocks or Tyco. Although not many people are interested in old Mega Blocks Castles, they aren't exactly easy to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) Those are some great 'figs. You did an excellent job on the painting. I also love Final Fantasy (I want beige ponytail hair so I can make Rosa), and these are great representations of Dragoons. Personally, I probably would've used the visored (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact