 Castle / 14729
Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:40:12 GMT

I'm guessing a lot of our "inspirations" come from such things
as Dungeons and Dragons, which I we should try to base our
creations on. Yeah, it may be tempting, but that takes most
of the fun out of it, If you're copying down character descriptions
and incorporating them into your work. I'm not saying it's
a sin to use others ideas, but I would prefer to create my
own style of creatures, and work off that. Otherwise, it's fan
fiction, and one key to success is pure originality. (although
there are exemptions)

Arrgh. There's an errata in the message above. It should have
been typed as follows.

"Which I think we should not try to base our
creations on."

My foremost apologies if that was misleading.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast