 Castle / 14720
Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:51:25 GMT

With that in mind - lets take a roll call.  Who is in?

I am! :)

I really dont know what all of the fuss is about.  I think that in the last
couple of months I have made and posted a few decent creations (although
they are cad renderings (because I do not have my LEGO at college) - which
are not appreciated as much - this is an entirely different issue to debate).

Shameless plug:

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=24
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=BenjaminE

Honestly,
although I love the Moonbase idea, the current Pod craze and the tremendous
volume of Star Wars related posts in .space has got me kinda turned off.

I completely agree with Hendo.  I am tired of seeing three new pod designs
on the front lugnet page every day.  Pods are ok, but they dont interest me
much.

What is it that has attracted our interest in the Castle theme in the first place?

1) Finding a 6080 under my bed at 5 am on a Christmas morning
2) My parents reading to me fairy tales and classic books
3) My parents giving me large quantities of history and architecture books
4) Traveling to historic places in the United States as a kid.
5) Being able to express my creativity through constructing historic buildings.
6) Probably more reasons but I pulled an all nighter last night ;)

I plan to continue creating Castle Themed sets and instructions on my
computer and sporadically posting them.  I will also try to take more time
to respond to others moc's - I know I appreciate it when others respond.
Castleheads: Remember quality can be better than quantity - I am not worried
about these space people :) (no offense space people)

Ben Ellermann

Builds and/or likes: Castle and (Pirate, sculptures, architecture,
town,starwars...)