 Castle / 13518
Re: My First Castle MOC - Drachepferd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:11:34 GMT

heya jeremiah!
this is really a cool little ditty! but i have to admit, while the legs look
good, and they are technically 'lego' they don't really look right compared
with the rest of the body. i mean the body is yer typical lego 'blocky' and
the legs are this nicely smooth crafted pieces...

but don't get me wrong.. this is very good.. and the head is just straight
out cool! the head alone is worth a post!

i'm also glad to see that galidor pieces can be incorporated into a normal
lego MOC. that's how i measure how 'lego' something is or isn't.  if people
can use to make their own creations, then yes.. it is lego.  if they can't,
then nope.. it's plastic trash.

[end rant] again, great creation. excellent idea for a head, especially!

peace
-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Jeremiah VanderMark writes:
Hi all-

  This is my first Castle MOC, the Drachepferd (kinda lame name, I know,
but all I could think of was running "dragon horse" through The Fish [1] and
using the coolest-sounding name). Used as a beast of burden and riding mount
throughout the land, the Drachepferd is a smallish bipedal dragon. Despite
its frightening appearance, the animal has been fully domesticated and is
quite pacified.

  The whole thing started out with the head. I designed ths nifty imposing
face but I had no idea how to make a decent dragon body. After about a month
of experimenting, I gave up. I recently got the big red Galidor monster
thingy (I don't know what I was thinking...), and these legs just demanded
to be attached to something mean-looking. I'm still not sure about the mix
of good old bricks with ugly prefab parts, but I like how it turned out overall.
  I think I've created a monster, though - of course I just *have* to build
a castle to put this guy in :)

PLMKWYT!

-jeremiah-, mechhead and now castlehead too.

P.S. - Sorry for the low light quality in the images. The best place for me
to photograph Lego right now is on top of my computer under a desklamp.

[1] http://babelfish.altavista.com/