 Castle / 13329
Re: (((Corfe Castle)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 04:19:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Noeckel writes:
Hi,

Has anyone happened to have ever visited
Corfe Castle, in Dorset? And if so, have you
taken any pictures of the castle, or the Corfe
Castle Model Village replica?
Two sites with adequate pictures;
http://www.thedorsetpage.com/locations/Place/C350.htm
http://members.lycos.co.uk/stusweb/corfe.html

I also noted some good ones:
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~ap/gallery/Corfe/
http://www.imagesofdorset.org.uk/Dorset/020/intro.htm
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dta/corfe/corfe.html
http://www.twinning.org.uk/corfe_gallery.htm

And this one had a nice arial shot:
http://freespace.virgin.net/philip.dunn/sites/corfe.htm

I also realized I've got the 'overall' floorplan (not a very DETAILED plan)
in a book I acquired on castles: _Castles_of_Britain_and_Ireland_
(Plantagenet, Somerset, Fry). Very useful book for cool castle pictures &
inspirations... 50% off at Barnes & Nobles!

DaveE