 Castle / 13232
  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

Pretty strange, but if the quality is anything, theyd be fun to have. (especially that set with all those bat sheilds) To bad i cant get over to china any time soon...... WB (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

Believe me.. be thankful you don't have the ability or are forced to buy these sets.. I've seen Shifty's quality, and it sucks rocks. (big ones).. I can't believe how blatantly they've stolen Lego's pictures and slightly modified them. One would (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Indeed. The quality is abysmal; Shifty bricks are made by cheap press molding (the same technique that gives you the cave in 6099 Traitor Transport). Yick. I don't think Lego can go after them very effectively because of the lack of strict (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) That is correct. Taiwan, Hong Kong, mainland China, and many other east Asian countries do not observe/enforce international copyright laws. That is why bootlegs are so common everywhere over there except Japan. Jeff (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Indeed. :) (...) O.k. so I accept the fact that the quality is abysmal… And that the bricks are probably completely malformed and possess absolutely no tensile strength to grip together… But! For only $5USD there should be a few elements of (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Arrgh! Nothing more annoying than cheap knowkoffs, especially of Castle Sets. Can anyone tell me exactly why china (or other asian countries for that matter) don't enforce copyright laws? It's like this, what If you took the harry potter of (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Well, as I understand it, it really is not in their best interest to do so. Some of the companies almost legitimate, in such that they act like real companies, but their business is selling copyrighted material (CDs*, DVDs*, plastic building (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) If it was real quality that these imitators sported, than even forgeries have their own inate validness. Coupled with a mischeivious cloud of industry these devices have their due place in my legoverse: jail. MegaFigs, Kubriks, Blockos.. any (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Hard to say, but you might be. :) Try checking dollar stores in your area; I've seen the little sets (HTO sized) in them here and there, under the brand name "Shifty Bricks" or just "Shifty". I bought one as you said: a novelty, and ended up (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) I'll be buying at least one of them, and I'll post a review thereafter. In the meantime, I'm not so sure that all of these parts are direct copies of canonical pieces. For instance, what about the two grey cones in (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) (URL) am I missing something? James (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Hmm. Well, now I don't know. At first, it looked like the ones in the pic were too short, compared to the real things I have setting on my desk. But when I look at the partsref image, it seems like a match. Weird. Maybe this'll be the one I (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) If you are interested I have just posted a review of some of them at: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)