 Castle / 12622
12621  |  12623
Subject:
The Nameless and a new House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:27:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sadly I have let my story slide for a long time now.  I promised to update it
to part 5, and my new digital camera seemed to promise progress, but alas,
nothing has happened.  My senior year of college has left me without motivation
of any kind, and as a result.. well, my arms and legs are starting to rot off.
in a last ditch attempt to avoid responcibility and real life i have built with
my legos.  it seems story telling is too much like work.

My version of an early medieval 'wattle and daub' (sp) house.  The first
picture is an image that inspired me.

I wanted to get an early medieval feel, but am somewhat limited by medium.
lego bricks have a hard time distinguishing tudor style from whattle and daub
timber houses.  i've got some design elements that i hope will give the
impression that this is NOT tudor, but something much earlier and simpler.  I
think one of the unifing features of early european architecture is the
overwhelming presence of roof.  most houses were more roof than anything.  i
have expressed this as well.

The inside is furnished, quite well i imagine.  it uses a siskind-esque method
of getting to the inside (a fireplace hinge), as well as a covered floor (im
quite proud of that).

***********

Next is Feftin's ship THE NAMELESS

I spent alot of time trying to make the ship modular, with open access to all
parts of the ship, as well as a relative attention to realism (hey this is my
first).  Note that there are ramps, ladders, and stairs to ALL parts of the
ship (no mythical leaping up ten feet here!), although the rooms themselves are
quite small.  (i really doubt the giants could be comfortable at all)

After spending time with the Nameless, I've decided that my method of
modularity (by using some walls as permanenet) makes it very hard to really get
to the crew quarters, especially if i want to photo something happening down
there.  maybe there will be a Nameless II that will amend this problem.

I hope everyone enjoys these photos.

I'd like to know what you think, but please, only the most scathing and rude
comments.  If you hate, please take the extra moment to tell me off.  or better
yet, send a personal email filled with hateful, personally degrading language.

email is : glencaer@hotmail.com

hahahaha!

peace, love and freedom
-lenny

"Liberty is essential for the full flowering of human inteliigence, creativity,
and dignity... to be dominated by another is to be denied the chance to
think... domination stifles innovation and personal responcibility... it leads
to conformity and mediocrity."
-Nadia C.