 Castle / 12403
Re: Giving TLC a run for their money
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:55:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Hey castle heads!
Was just at BrickLink.com to see if my fav. custom minifig shop was updated,
and sure enough it is! Just look at those Elf minifigs! The Dwarves and Orcs
look like they just stepped out of the Lord of the Rings! And check out that
Minotaur!!!
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=minifigure

I agree these are cool looking (I particularly like the Dwarves), but one
vote in favor of TLC is that not everyone is willing to pay near $20 (US)
for a single mini-figure.  To buy enough to have a decent faction, a buyer
would need to spend over $100.  I do like to buy the custom figs, but not at
those prices.  If I had $100, I could by 50 polybags and end up with a much
larger army, albeit not custom.  ...If TLC made something like this, they
might be considerably less expensive, but as long as they are contracted
with certain film companies (for HP and SW), they aren't about to make a
product line that competes with their own stuff... My point is, even though
I agree these figs are very cool, I would not go so far as to say they are
kicking TLC's butts.

My 2 Lira,
-Hendo