 Castle / 12133
Re: interesting question....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 04:09:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I was putting together a 4811 defense archer, and the thought hit me...

why, if the archer has a quiver, is his head affixed to his body???

to me it would be easier to have his head seperate so you could "assemble"
him quicker...

(maybe the designers wanted it to take additonal time...more bang for the
buck mentality)

the whole set takes about 10 second total to put together, plus maybe an
additional time to pop off the head, depending on how hard you try to pull
off the head (sometimes, I find it, the head, stubborn to come off)...

just a head scratcher.... :)

Benjamin Medinets

I am pretty sure that minifig heads are placed onto minifig torsos by
machine during production.  You will see on all minifig 'necks' a distinct
black marking indicating the front of the minifig that the machine sensors
can 'read.'  That way, the face is always put on facing front.
So, regardless of whether a completed minifig will be fitted with an arrow
quiver, cape, air tanks, or whatever, they will have the head attached before
being packaged.

Also (some piece-counting experts should answer this) official piece
counts for sets count the minifig torso and head _as 1 piece_
Dunno if this is consistent 100% of the time, but I think it is.

Removing heads to put on quivers is not an issue with me.  But I do take issue
with minifig hands.  Seems I always have to turn the hand to the correct
position with the flat, thumb side up.  I guess that minfig hands are simply
inserted any old random way.  Maybe most kids don't care that their minifig's
hands are upside down???

__Kevin Salm__