 Castle / 12070
Re: War Strider, Fantsy Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Stuart Immonen writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, John Carroll writes:
Hello.

Here is a Fantsy Mecha.  Think Escaflowne.

I dig this very much! It has a real 'ancient' look to it-- samurai warrior/
cricket player/ guardian of the underworld type of thing going on. (??--
"what _is_ he talking about?")

Heh That is exactly what I was going for.  I was even going to have shoulder
mounted flags.  but I don't have any of the really big flags (I didn't try
the sorta big bulls flag) but the "normal" flags were too small.

Very nice articulation, joints well-covered. Very cool.

stuart

I have pics of it with a cloth cape but they just don't look right.

How big would this cape be? Not minifig size, I'm guessing ;^)

It almost touched the ground and was attached to the back of the shoulders.
but it is a sort of heavy felt material and everytime I let go of a look I
liked it would return to its original shape which stuck up too much.  I
uploaded a pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kyodai/Mecha/strider/cape.jpg

John