 Castle / 11930 (+10)
  Evil Teaser

As opposed to a nice, good teaser. (URL) and for those who missed it, you may wish to check out my last informational teaser that was hidden inside a thread. (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

Thats _REALLY_ great Jon. I love it. Loads of detail, loads of nice touches. If only I had that much green :) was it hard to maintain stability for the walls (or are they solidly solid) fantastic. Thanks for sharing -- James Stacey ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

WOW! This is beautiful, Jon! You've done a wonderful job on the green hill and the details like the windows and flowerbeds. It looks very homely and hobbitlike indeed. My only question/contructive criticism is that you might want to make a back to (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i call it "The Grimskull"

Nice! I like the skeleton on the front and the front! It's hard to see exactly what you've done, but that looks like some pretty cool construction on the front, using slopes! Magnus (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

Fantastic! I really loved your LotR Minifigs, but now that there is actual scenery for this characters makes it even greater. You did a really fine job creating the look and feel of Bilbo's home. So many details ... awesome! Concerning the round (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Looking for background on Timmy

(...) Here's the Timmy FAQ entry: (URL) By the way, the Castle FAQ is still in the works. Please don't hesitate to post more potential entries. Here are the FAQ entries-in-progress: - What posts belong in .castle, and what belongs in .castle.org.cw? (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Looking for background on Timmy

(...) The most hilarious treatment of the "Timmy" subject can be found, of all places, in Mike Rayhawk's Brikwars manuel. Let's just say Timmy has a startling effect on all other combatants when he shows his face on the battlefield. Aaron (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

Sweet hole, Jon. Excellent landscaping. Love the cobblestone walkway and potted plants. Nice use of the flowerless plant stems for wild grass. Enjoyed the minifigs as well. Excellent recombination of existing minifig parts to achieve your (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

Aaron, Thanks for your compliments! I actually did use the old Obi Wan hair, but in the second picture it looks tan. The later picture by the bed has a little better lighting showing the grey hair! I'm still learning how to use a digicam. thanks (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Hobbit's Hole, Bag End

Leonard, Thanks, I'm a fan of your miniatures! I think sometimes size can overwhelm, so smaller and detailed items like your microfig stuff is awesome. I'm hoping to post some of my other Tolkien items a little later. (watch for Helm's Deep in the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact