 Castle / 11734
    Random thought regarding Cinderella —Tanya K. Burkhart
   Okay - Cinderella is a European fairy tale - why did they have a PUMPKIN to turn into a coach? Pumpkins are new world plants. Is it another lost in the translation thing, like the fur slippers vs. glass slippers? I thought of this as I was wishing (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Random thought regarding Cinderella —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Fairy tales change with time, to better fit the current conditions and ideals of the time. In fact, the origin of Cinderella, IIRC, is China, although almost every culture seems to have a variation on it, or at least a similar story. Jeff (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)