 Castle / 11612
11611  |  11613
Subject:
Short short sword
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:08:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
As for short short swords, I've never done this myself, but I think you
might be able to make a decent one by cutting ordinary spears just a few
millimeters below the spearhead, leaving a piece just long enough for a handle.

one way to make those Roman-like short swords is to take one of the pirate
cutlasses, hack away the handle guard, and cut the curving tip off to give
the sword a sharp point (sorry i dont have pics - not a member...yet ;).  I
use these swords for my dwarves and hobbits in Tolkien-Brikwars stuff.

(just breezin' posts and saw your sword idea)
'TNT'