 Castle / 11345
Re: Fort Legorado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:20:47 GMT

Stone keeps with wooden palisades were quite common. You had to protect your
castle in the 10 years or so it'd take to build it :)

wow 2 legorados and more to come, that could build a hefty stockade.

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

Not yet, but I've toyed with the idea of making a castle with a grey keep • and
gatehouse and a wooden stockade wall. Now that I have two fort legoredos • (and
I'll probably buy some more now, horay!;) ), I figure I have enough brown
palisade wall pieces to build a long enough curtain wall, and that would • free
up all my grey pieces for the keep and gatehouse. The story behind it • would be
that the lord built a motte and bailey castle, and is in the process of
rebuilding it in stone, or perhaps that he started building a stone • castle, and
went bankrupt, and had to finish it in wood.

I probably won't get around to it for a while, all my bricks are currently
invested in another project that isn't finished yet.

The brown wall pieces are really great for us castleheads, they can be • used for
siege towers, siege walls/camps, hoardings, and any old buildings really. • I'm
very glad that Fort Legoredo will be rereleased, it is one of the few
indisputable lego egends I can think of.

While on the topic, I'm trying to find a use for some white palisade walls • from
the ninja sets in a (european) castleish setting. Has anyone had any luck
creating nice looking Castle MOCs with these?

Magnus