 Castle / 11344
Re: Fort Legorado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 04:30:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
Seeing Brad post up about the rerelease of Fort Legorado, this is going to
allow me to have a go at something I've wanted to do for quite some time
(bit never had the brown) and do a Motte and Bailiey style
Has anyone already had a bash at one of those

Not yet, but I've toyed with the idea of making a castle with a grey keep and
gatehouse and a wooden stockade wall. Now that I have two fort legoredos (and
I'll probably buy some more now, horay!;) ), I figure I have enough brown
palisade wall pieces to build a long enough curtain wall, and that would free
up all my grey pieces for the keep and gatehouse. The story behind it would be
that the lord built a motte and bailey castle, and is in the process of
rebuilding it in stone, or perhaps that he started building a stone castle, and
went bankrupt, and had to finish it in wood.

I probably won't get around to it for a while, all my bricks are currently
invested in another project that isn't finished yet.

The brown wall pieces are really great for us castleheads, they can be used for
siege towers, siege walls/camps, hoardings, and any old buildings really. I'm
very glad that Fort Legoredo will be rereleased, it is one of the few
indisputable lego egends I can think of.

While on the topic, I'm trying to find a use for some white palisade walls from
the ninja sets in a (european) castleish setting. Has anyone had any luck
creating nice looking Castle MOCs with these?

Magnus