 Castle / 1110 (+5)
  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Jeez! I thought the US prices were bad. This side of the border they're US$15 and US$20, respectively. I wonder why the price for 6095 goes up so much when you go north? You'd think that the % increase would be roughly the same... J (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Actually, at current exchange rates, USD 20 = CAD 29.40, and USD 15 = CAD 22.05. So actually, the Royal Joust is about equivalent, and the Guarded Treasure is cheaper. Not that it's not expensive in either country. (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

Crap! This sure doesn't bode well for a man of limited means like myself. Then again, I am getting a job soon. I'm gonna need to if I want King Leo's Castle... Anybody know how much that thing is (in U.S. currency)? Mike (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Yup, the exchange rate bites (for us Canucks, at least). See, John? Lego is cheaper here! <grin, duck> James (URL) those of you wondering, John Neal was bugging me a while back about no reason to live in Edmonton...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Howdy! US Price of King Leo's Castle. It was $89.99 at Toys R Us. Considering how poorly it was packed and how few pieces it has, I was shocked. The lack of a window box means that LEGO must be embarased by the pieces chosen for it. And it (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact