 Castle / 10881
Re: Built my first Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Simmons writes:
Hey all,

I succumbed and ordered this gem along with some Belville accessory packs
and now I understand fully what all the fuss was about.  What an apex of set
design, function, and just plain coolness!  One of the few civilian Castle
sets, The GI is just awesome in every way.  The opening front, the
architecture detail, and the bricks!  So many bricks in this set.  It really
puts the latest sets to shame.

These days, especially in the HP sets, the structures are basically cubes
without walls.  This set is a true diorama, down the flower stems and green
plates on the outside to simulate grass.  It's true that the printed pieces
are not as well done as the originals, but it's still nice to have them.

I can see I'll be ordering more of this set since it's a fantastic parts set
in addition to being superbly designed.

Dave (a Castle convert in the making)

If you build it, they will convert!

Mark - a dorment Castle Fan - de Kock