 Castle / 10800
Re: IOM: The Wurmhold...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 00:07:13 GMT

First of all, the airship you've been working on turned out very well.  You >need to talk more about the wings though - that's a very original yet very odd
contraption.  I almost get a sense of it being like something organic - like a
giant butterfly or other insect.  Anyone seen G.I.Joe the Movie?  Something >out of that :)

Thank you very much. I have no idea where the idea for it came from: it just
came. "If you start to build it, the idea will come." to modify a quote from
Field of Dreams.

The second picture that you edited really turned out well - the ant's view > >really it home for me.  I would like to see some more pictures of the ship >itself - close-ups specifically.  Also, pictures of the crew would be cool.

That can easily be arranged. :) Pictures of the crew were coming next --
Raven, his Dark Archers, the pilots. And of course, the crew of the other
Wurmhold airship as well.

I think battles between airships are something that hasn't been done too much >on lugnet.  It's something that has the potential to be very violent - for >good or bad - and I'm glad you are getting into it.  A LOT of potential >there.  Maybe even huge floating fortress-ships.  Cities?

I have never seen one of the airship battles ever done before. I agree, it
can get very violent: I was thinking of enhancing the stuff with giant
crossbow bolts, but I decided against it.

Lastly, I think the custom banner rocks.  Did you make the text grey because >of the mist, or did you just settle on it?

Thanky kindly. :) I made it grey because of the mist, yes, but also because
it showed up well.

--
Mark Nelson