 Castle / 10109
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:55:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Haha, well the only Vikings I have seen so far with "horns" on their helmets
were the American football team :)

don't forget the popular portrayal of wagnerian opera.. i see vision of fat
ladies with viking armor and two horned helmet.

ROFL!! Yes! Now we just need to build an Opera House. We already even have a
phantom! (Craig's)... teeheehee...

something i would like to see is some muslim castles, like from the abbassid
dynasty.. especially now that we have the turban (HP sets). id love to see
maybe a belly dancer minifig, and some new arches.. like with a slight poit to
them, and a scimitar.. and im sure lego would have a genie (jinn) of some
sort.. i think it would be cool.

Hmmm, that would be shweet. Maybe if I have time next year, I'll make some
mosques based on the ones in the Galilee. They wouldn't be palaces, though,
of course! I am of the opinion that a *real* minifig scale castle would take
up a full block, at least, and sometimes I feel like I'll never be able to
make one! <sigh> ... and hey, as for that belly dancer, that'd be hard,
considering those are supposed to be slim and flexible, while 'figs are
about half as wide as they are tall!

I wonder if there would be a way to make real stone arches out of bricks. I
can picture a *very* large-scale arch being made out of Eric Brok's 1x3
bricks, 1x1 rounds system and have it curved at the top... ooooooh, that'd
make a great wedding arch in white. ;-) Hmm. But I can't see a stone-y arch,
with a center keystone and the works, out of these square bricks. What to
do, what to do...

and they could serve as a counterpoint to a reissueing of old crusader sets..
now im getting carried away with myself.

<grin> One can never go too far with one's imagination! I would love to see
more buildings in the Jon Furman style of crusaders. Being around these
things all next year (Israel), I can't help wondering if I need to go around
with a camera at all times and take photos for you all. I should still have
some pictures from very awesome places I was at over the summer. I'll see
what I can do.

-Shiri