 Castle / 10079
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:16:35 GMT

For me, the axemen cannot have their own faction for one simple
reason--there is no such thing as an axeman shield.

Well there has never been a surcoat for factions like the batlord's knights, or
the BK. The axemen can eieter use round blank shields or they can be some
special faction that doesn't use shields at all because they consider them
"cowardly". Or perhaps they all carry huge axes atht need tw hands to use,
leaving no space for a shioeld?

Vikings, Vikings, Vikings!  I would love it if Lego made some historically
accurate looking Vikings with longships and horned helms.  They made
cowboys, so why not?  Ritvik Megablock made some Vikings a while back, and
the ship was pretty cool but the figures were a disappointment.

Not to burst your bubble but, being part Norwegian myself, I think it is
important to clear up this common misconception. "Real" vikings never had horns
on their helmets. They seem to have been confused with the earlier celts I
believe, who did indeed have horned helmets. Vikings used helmets similar to
the Norman ones, sometime with special guards for the eyes (a bit like on the
batlord's helmet).

On the subject of vikings, someone made a great looking longboat for Brickfest,
but I don't remember his name.