 Castle / 10054
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:57:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

personally, they serve as my protagonist faction.
i think it is because most of us began our collection with classic, lions, and
black falcons.  the black knights serve as the beginning break with the past
towards a new future.  they are symbolically replacing the old (good) therefore
are seen as being at odds with the 'good.'
also, i think many people associate the BK as the frontrunners for the DM,
which are much more evil looking.  if you see BK and DM as two arms of the same
faction, then they both must be evil.
-lenny

Hello everyone, this is my initial post here though I have read from this
site for a while now.  I have recently come out of the "Dark Age" and
castles were always my favorites so I thought I would put in my .01 at least.
I have the Falcons, Dragons as the competing nobles of a troubled land along
with the Lions (I have 3 names for the 3 phases of Lion, the Crusader Lions
I call "Rampant" for their shield, the other two phases have names I cannot
print here :) .) I always resented the Lions for this woeful degeneration
IMO and so instead of them leading the kingdom, they are competing against
the Dragons and Black Falcons as sub-equals.  The Lions were born of the
line that hails from the yellow sets (I have the other knights of that 375
set as visitors) and were the rulers until weak rule led the other major
nobles to revolt once the Dragons leader declared himself a 'Monarch'.  The
war between the Lions and the Dragons heated up and the Falcons, lesser than
the Dragons in nobility (like Barons to Dukes) got left out and became angry
and attacked both.  The Lions had grown soft and few over the years before
the war and so enlisted the services of mercenaries from the North (Axemen).
Note that my first set was Battering Ram where Axers and Lions attacked
Falcons together.
In my sets, the Falcons outnumber, outman and outgun all others, perhaps
because they waited and prepared, and perhaps simply they are my favored. :)
As for the others:  Forestmen are protectors of their forests and just want
to be left alone by whomever wins the wars.  The Wolfpack are underworld
merchants, welcome and mistrusted by all.
I do not separate DM and Dragons, though I favor Dragons heavily.
To keep this at least less long, the Frights are Evil and necromantic and
alone as a threat to all, the wizard is unique and unaligned.  The Bulls and
KK lions are not in the same world...I care very little for them except for
parts.  To follow the thread here though, I'd say Bulls=mongols and
Lions=good knights.
Ack, I went long here, but I'll save any other detail for if another posts a
question or comment.

Jason