 Castle / 10001
Re: Tower Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:06:30 GMT

Very Impressive.

I look forward to seeing more (Youv'e set yourself a tough standard to
continue :) )

James

"David Kohrman" <david.kohrman@wmich.edu> wrote in message
Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but this is my first post.

Freshly emerged from my dark age I have put together what is my first
Lego creation in a number of years as well as my first major castle • creation.
Being the start of a series of structures I thought I would throw it out • to the
public so I might get tips for the next project.

I was going to build a castle and thumbed thru architecture books for • ideas.
However, the images of fortified bridges caught my eye.

The bridge consist of two arch spans and two defensive towers.  The • structure
uses mostly light gray bricks from the early castle sets though the • landscape
uses newer pieces.  The towers are identical and each include a portculus,
living space, and a lookout post.  The bridge was built to monitor river • and
road traffic.  Either tower can block unwanted traffic from passing and
likewise the bridge can be used to block unwanted ships from passing. • Guarding
the bridge are my favorite Lego figs, the Black Falcons.

Thanks for looking!

David Kohrman