 Castle / *22112 (-10)
  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

(...) (3 URLs) (...) Absolutely stunning!! This is a lovely, lovely model. Kudos, well done, bravo! (and highlighted) (grumble, grumble, grumble, lugnet made me trim some of the quotes....) JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

I was just looking over all the pictures on Brickshelf before you posted. This is really some build! Very nice, very detailed intricate construction. The details and just a joy to look at. Even the light bulb holder is Lego. Great work. e (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) Two points: 1. Disneyland's castle is Sleeping Beauty Castle. Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom's castle is Cinderella Castle. 2. Sleeping Beauty Castle is a real castle, as it was modeled after Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Jason (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) I wouldn't go so far as to say anime is crap. In fact some of it is quite good. But, like it or not, this is the look kids like right now and I don't blame LEGO for trying to play up to that. Anything that makes LEGO sell is, in my opinion, a (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) I second that. The new KK line has nothing in common with the very idea of castles or knights - they are more like a designers-on-acid impression after looking too much television. As someone in this thread pointed out, they look remarkably (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I guess it’s time for a lurker on .castle to finally say something. There’s a lot to be said about Lego’s choices for what 2004 holds in store for the company, it’s true. The color change had many in a frenzy, and there’s still some sour feelings (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Yes, I've used that line a number of times, myself. I'll respond with a big "No duh." But, this thread has gone off in a number of directions that I wasn't orignally intending to hit on. My point is as simple as the thread title. The sets are (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Ha! I'll count you as not a very big fan of my work then... (URL) Castle Saldaar> (URL) Tower of the Mystic Stone> (URL) Green Wizard's Tower> ;^) The Black Knights black/light grey scheme always seemed a bit more evil to me, which is why I (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) It depends on how you approach it: here's my version of the purple knight from the above. (URL) Admittedly, I'd have prefered some grays or blacks for the armor and helmets, but honestly at this point, I'm hoping the Barbie Blue knight proves (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights' KingdomT is ugly.

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:I077EG.1utw@lugnet.com... (...) Hey, come on! Lego at least provided the Space group a few more space helmits! The green one, however, looks like a mix between Boba Fett and the Green Goblin. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact