 Castle / *16745 (-20)
  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

Hello! (...) It took me a while to get the clue what "HLDITY" means :-) Well, two hours twice. First I built it wrong, than I built it right. Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

I really like the use of the raised road peices in your gatehouse. The cart with barrels is nice also. It looks like a good gate house for a town or a roman fort. Ben (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"Sean Devolites" <hotshot3396@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H4rwwu.6rs@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Sean I don't mind you asking the question :) I spent a night or to to do the first half then spent a week with it on the stereo cabinet next to (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) :-S We are talkin about attempts to reform the Church, right? Luther started "the" Reform, which was good. Ockham had attempted "a" reform (no capital R), and failed. Savonarola attempted "a" reform, but this one was meant towards a more (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Marketplace: Cloth Shop

(...) Thank you for your compliments. (...) Yes, it is posted to Jake's site :) (To the Castle fans at Lugnet - we need more castle instructions on Jake's site - not just mine!) (...) Yes they are the windows. (...) I agree. (...) I would like this (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) Not at all. This is the sort of educational discussion I love here in .castle! There are some subjects I have studied and retained well, but your explanation of church history and architecture covers relatively new topics for me. Quite (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

<>Snip<> (...) <>Snip<> Actually, the schism in the Churches began many, many years earlier when the Patriarch of Rome (the Pope) and his western Catholic Church broke away from the rest of the Patriarchs of Europe, Northern Africa, and the Middle (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) Some of us remember this over halloween, which after all is just a corruption of hallow eve the eve of all saints day... (...) Beautiful. (...) I know many people/books that still consider this very real, after all the door was a message board (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Marketplace: Cloth Shop

"Ben Ellermann" <ben_289@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H4vG36.Jnq@lugnet.com... (...) Very nice indeed Ben. Its got a good look to it and great use of colour. I especially like it when its folded open. The offset of the back of the house makes (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

(...) I have two different size carriages one that is 4 studs wide with out wheels and so it makes it 6 wide, and the other one is 8 with the wheels. (...) If that 4 wide has wheels then the cart is only 2 wide by it self. (...) no I didn't forget (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tha First Medieval Marketplace!

First indeed. And very cool. I want to steal that gray chest though. I'd steal the black armor but it's much cheaper, not worth being tossed in the stocks for. I'd steal the bannana and apple too, I hate buying the expensive girly legos for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Marketplace: Cloth Shop

Very cool, I like the pulley lift for stocking the attic. And a back door too, sneaky sneaky. I think you underestimate the sneakyness. Sorry just saw Mr Deeds for the first time. So sneaky. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tha First Medieval Marketplace!

COOL!!! Very neat color scheme! Also, like the fun theme of the shop. One question, what size baseplate is the shop on? I am thinking 16x32? Very cool! Jeremy (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Update #1 (was Re: CW Lives!)

Hey Y'all: A revised "About" page and CW buttons for your website can be found here: (URL) here: (URL) "The Gathering" was added the other night, as previously mentioned in another reply. "The Isle of Mist" will follow shortly. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) I don't think we're talking about the same issue, so, I challenge you to explain yourself in Lego (: I will also build something... JoJo started this.. yeah! (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new Outpost

(...) Thanks Bruce, The opening leads... nowhere (it's just a test MOC). Rest assured in a real effort it would go somewhere. The commander thing was just a take off on the Lego Redo (with a trademark waterfall to jaz it up). I wanted to do a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) Yes, I only put Jeremy's name up for lack of knowing others to ask. (...) Oh... I think mine will come across as very permanet, see the one I just posted: (URL)As for your comments in the other thread, much of the thinking behind the (...) You (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) Wasn't William of Ockham mentioned in Umberto Eco's novel "The name of the Rose"? The secondary action is around a theological debate about heretic beliefs (*), and I suppose he's one of debators. (In any case, that is one fine book for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Marketplace: Cloth Shop

Hi everyone, I have designed a cloth shop for the new modular marketplace. My shop is permanent and has paved roads in the street and alley - but otherwise it conforms to the dimensions for a shop. My set features a display rack, two teller booths, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) For a real cloak-and-dagger story, go back 2-3 centuries to Siger of Brabant and William of Ockham: Siger successfully defied the eccesiastical authorities in Paris for years until he was finally silenced in 1277. He got the dagger from his (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact