 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 967
966  |  968
Subject:
Wedding Chapel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:20:07 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This is a small wedding chapel I designed.

You can see all the pictures here:

This is a top-left view:

The design is somewhat influenced by the shape of a multi-layer wedding cake
with the buttresses acting as "ribbons" running down the sides.

The top two floors are purely there to provide a dramatic interior space.
Only the bottom floor is actually inhabited.  This bottom floor provides
seating for an intimate ceremony which can be seen here:

Here are side and top views:
The model gives the appearance that the buttresses are supporting the
structure, but in fact, these would be extremely weak if this model were
built in the plastic.  Therefore, the buttresses are actually elevated 1
plate above the large, sturdy first floor.

The .dat files can be found here (the master file is topall.dat):

Unfortunately, I don't quite have enough parts to build this in real life.
I'm missing 2 1x6x9 trans-white curved panels from Breezeway Cafe (I have 2
and need 4).

Note: I was influenced to build this structure because Steve Tanner sent me
email requesting help with a wedding cake top.  Unfortunately, I've not
heard back from him.  I think that this design has probably gotten too big
(and it would be really hard to obtain the necessary parts), but Steve, if
you are still interested, you are more than welcome to use this design, or
to modify it.

Let me know what you think.