 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 876
    Best sources for tutorials? —Jake McKee
   All, Does anyone happen to know of some good references/resources for learning POV-Ray for Windows? I have the basic basics down, but I am starting to wonder more about texture mapping, camera and lighting positions, etc. and can't seem to find a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Best sources for tutorials? —Kyle D. Jackson
   (...) G'day Jake, The POV-Ray homepage www.povray.org has links to a ton of resources. These include a multitude of tutorials sites, each one specializing in something different. As well, the POV-Ray people run their own private newserver, much like (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Best sources for tutorials? —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) It should be noted that the vast majority of these tutorials are obsolete, having been written for POVRay 3.0. The current version, 3.1, has a new "media" feature and completely breaks any scenes using the older "halo" commands. IMHO, the new (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)