 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 824
Re: L3P/POV and decimal places in DAT coords
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:13:14 GMT

To demonstrate the problem I have I've uploaded some pictures to BrickShelf
at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4304

problem_mlcad.jpg shows the part in MLCad and there are no gaps visible.
problem_mlcad2.jpg shows the face and subpart meeting at high zoom, again no
gap.
problem_pov1.jpg shows a POV render where you can clearly see the gap around
the top edge of the head (I've turned off primitive substitution in L3P).
problem_pov2.jpg shows a POV render from the side where the mismatch is
clear.
problem_pov3.jpg shows a POV render from the top where the gap is really
clear.

If anyone wants to try this themselves I've uploaded the DAT (maulph4.dat)
that was used in all the images.

I'm currently running MLCad 1.99R1, L3PAO 1.3.25, L3P 1.3 20010120, POV-Ray
3.1g.watcom.win32. POVs were generated with camera angle of 1, no lights,
background white, color (-c) black, quality 2, no primitive substitution, no
LGEO substitution.

I've written a VB program to covert all coords with 5+ decimal places to 4
places but this does not fix it. Any ideas?

Dan