 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 823
822  |  824
Subject:
L3P/POV and decimal places in DAT coords
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:32:26 GMT

While trying to complete my Darth Maul head I've noticed that the face
polygons I've been adding don't quite meet the 3626bs01 subpart at the edges
despite me copying the coords from the 3626bp01 part for the corners of
these polygons. The gap is not shown in MLCad no matter how much I zoom in
(not tried another DAT tool yet), but when I use L3PAO and L3P to create a
POV file the gap is really noticeable. I'm beginning to think it may be to
do with the number of decimal places in my polygon coords causing a problem
with L3P. How many places should I be using? 4? 5? Anyone know of a problem
with L3P and 5 or more decimal places in coords?

Dan