 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 787
Re: BrickDreams Update - New Scenes, Gear Model & Other Stuff (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:48:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:

Scene #8 was nearly the death of me. Rendered at 1024x768, it took about
60 hours to complete, and I swear the model is cursed. The first time I
tried to render it, I realized about 20 hours into it that the
symmetrical lattices for the LEGO embossing were set at 128x128, and
looked horribly pixelated at such a high magnification. So, I fixed
that, then started to render it again.....then the power went out when
it was about 70% complete with antialiasing, and I had to start the
render over again. I plan on re-rendering scenes 5-8 for 1600x1200
versions sometime in the future, but not right now.

How big is the POV file?  If its not that big, could you possibly email it
to me and I'll render a large one myself (I could put it on brickshelf too
for others to use, and/or you to snag and put in your gallery).  I've got a
PII400, 256mb ram, and it renders rather well.  Please let me know.

-Tim