 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 784
Re: BrickDreams Update - New Scenes, Gear Model & Other Stuff (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:21:48 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

Hi Micah -
Great work!!  I'd love to have a copy of Scene 8 at 1280x1024 if possible, that
would be great, thanks!

-Tim

Scene #8 was nearly the death of me. Rendered at 1024x768, it took about
60 hours to complete, and I swear the model is cursed. The first time I
tried to render it, I realized about 20 hours into it that the
symmetrical lattices for the LEGO embossing were set at 128x128, and
looked horribly pixelated at such a high magnification. So, I fixed
that, then started to render it again.....then the power went out when
it was about 70% complete with antialiasing, and I had to start the
render over again. I plan on re-rendering scenes 5-8 for 1600x1200
versions sometime in the future, but not right now.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/