 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 778
Re: BrickDreams Update - New Scenes, Gear Model & Other Stuff (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:

*Scene #10 - This is my diplomacy scene, one that addresses as many of
the opinions listed above as possible. It uses a brand-new (although
still slightly rough) 24-tooth Technic gear model, rendred in blue, on a
black background, and is available in 1600x1200. It uses my new favorite
custom texture, a highly metallic blue glass, similar to the texture
used in scene #8 but more metallic. My personal opinion is that it looks
really great, although some of you CAD guys may get on me for its lack
of detail in a few areas. The dimensions of the gear are exact or nearly
exact to an actual 24-toother (and the model is to scale with the 2x4
brick model), but it's missing a few points of detail which I hope to
remedy in the future.

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/

Sweeeeet! Technic rules! Looking pretty good Micah. The main detail I miss is
the 45 deg slots for axles near the edges. Gotta have those! Also, there should
be a tooth centred above the Lego logo. Hard to tell from that angle, but it
looks like it's not quite right.....

Anyway, thats enough pedantism, I think! Wonderful scenes!

ROSCO