 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 643
  Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Hi, This is a little write-up I did on free-form positioning of the camera. It is taken from several posts by myself and others on LUGNET. Tim Courtney has asked for new material for www.ldraw.org focusing on MLCAD, L3P and POV-RAY, so I offered to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

I've never tried to use camera options until now, but I think we can enhance that if we have a camera-file (like the light.dat) which L3P counts in. This way it's easy to define the camera - position and orientation ... Regarding the description (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Yes - It would be great to have a camera file. We would need a "lookat" file as well. Thanks again Michael for such an excellent piece of software. I have to say that (besides LEGO), its one of the best toys I've ever had! Brad Michael Lachmann (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

(...) No, L3P uses the LDraw coordinate system. This was an important design goal. L2P (LGEO) uses its own coordinate system. Otherwise a good description. You might also want to tell about the QUAL and STUDS variables in the POV file, used for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Yes - you are right. I was confused by some of the scaling and rotation primatives at the end of the .pov ray file. I'll change this. thanks Lars C. Hassing <lch@ccieurope.com> wrote in message news:G620En.FGp@lugnet.com... (...) If (...) point (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)