 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 613
  Re: Screensaver anyone?

Hi, as the author of LDView, I've got two things to add. First, since LDView is not an actual screensaver, you would have no way of having it come on automatically. However, as Calvin pointed out, it will run full-screen. In addition, it supports (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

(...) Combine the fullscreen mode with a generic screen saver and you now have what you're looking for. A quick search for "generic screen saver" turns up AnyServer and perhaps several others that will let you use any executable as a screen saver. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

(...) It's fairly easy to make a Windows screensaver. There are a few API calls to make and catch, but mostly you just compile to a .SCR extension, and stop your program where there is keyboard or mouse activity. Steve (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to get it to launch in fullscreen mode. Maybe the saver launchers have a way around this problem. The startup spin vector problem is another problem, since LDView doesn't have any way of making this happen (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

I didn't figure it would be all that hard. In addition to what you noted, I would also need a version of the configuration panel which allowed you to select a file to display, as well as (preferably) a way to select the full-screen resolution used (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)