 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 452
451  |  453
Subject:
3D Studio users, help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:26:21 GMT

I'm in the planning stages of trying my hand at a "UCS" style B-wing model, and
in looking for a good source, found the 3d model file at www.swma.net:

http://www.swma.net/archives/rebel/fighters/b-wing/bwing2.zip

Only problem is that the file is in 3D Studio 4.0 format.  I haven't got
anything that will read that format (I use Alias Studio 9.5).  Does anybody
have 3dS who would be willing to download the file and convert the mesh to DXF
or IGES?  I don't need the textures, as I can reconstruct them from the decal
files he has included in the zip... I just want to be able to view the model &
render it from various angles to use as a scale/detail reference.

If anybody could do this for me, I would be ever grateful.  You can email the
DXF or IGES file to me directly at knassar@etymon.com

Thanks in advance!

--Karim