 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 439
438  |  440
Subject:
Making a Model an include file?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:29:19 GMT

Here's what I want to do, and I'm wondering if its possible.

I made a MOC using LDraw.  I've turned the MOC into a POV file using L3P.

When I've wanted two different models in a rendering before I've just made a
dat file that included both of them then turned the dat file into a pov file
using L3P.  Then I've been able to manipulate each model in turn inside the
POV file until I've had my desired image.

The probelm with this is that there is a lot of code written by L3P in order
to get both models into the scene.  So if I wanted to add another different
model I've had to add the 3rd model to the original dat file and convert.  But
then you have to give the new file a new name so as not to loose any options
that I've added to the original scene.  And then cut and paste the added stuff
(like sky-sphere, a ground, etc) into the new file.  I hope that all made
sense.

Anyway, what I want to know is it possible to take a MOC, convert the dat into
POV and then turn that POV file into an include file or something.  Then in a
new pov file I could reference the MOC file and use as many different models
as I want w/o having to go through the hassle that I've outlined above.

I hoped this all made sense.

Thanks

Jason
http://www.jealous37/lego