 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 419
Re: some povray questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Bram Lambrecht wrote:

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jonathan Wilson writes:
2.how do you combine l3p output with anton's lego library (lgeo or
whatever it is...). I know it can be done, I have seen people doing it.
Is there an include file that maps things?

Anton has placed the origin of his parts differently from LDraw parts, so
substituting his parts would take a lot of work.  Lutz's parts (The LGEO
library, however, are quite useful.  To use them, just follow the instructions
at the top of this file (and also save the file, of course):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bl/povscenes/lgeo_2_l3p.inc

I haven't worked with POV-Ray in awhile, but translating Anton's parts into
LDraw-world should require a simple transformation matrix.

Would it be possible to define a routine that would handle this transform
for any Anton-part?  This would require that POV-Ray support passing of
objects (or object-names) as parameters into routines/macros.

Steve