 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2794
2793  |  2795
Subject:
New FastRad Radiosity Settings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 16:10:04 GMT

Greetings everyone! You may or may not have seen some of the renders I’ve made on my Brickshelf Folder. A while ago, I posted my ‘FastRad’ settings there, but I think that they were a bit too messy and complicated. I have since cleaned them up, and made them easier to use.

Now all the settings are contained in one file, fastrad.inc (with the exception of setting 3, which uses lugnetcolors.inc). It contains five radiosity blocks: Fast, High-Quality, 2-Pass (uses lugnetcolors.inc), MegaPov, and Simulated. All of which are pretty fast as radiosity goes. Nico Kaiser has allowed me to incorporate his awesome-looking 2-Pass settings (gallery). It also contains its own colour library, originally from one of Jeroen de Haan’s releases (www.digitalbricks.nl). However, it is not a complete library. It includes colour definitions up to #28, the milk-white and black rubber stuff, then the transparents.

Here are a couple example images:

rad_setting = 1, ldraw_sky = 1, lights on and off

rad_setting = 2, lights off, ldraw_sky 1 and 2

rad_setting = 3 (2 Pass), rad_setting = 5 (Simulated)

Here are links to the files:
Please let me know about any problems you encounter. Thanks again to Jeroen and Nico for their support.