 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2706
Re: Remix Disco: 55 Disco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:18:40 GMT

Hi Zach!

   The spotlights aimed at the disco ball was where I originally started. I couldn’t get them to do what I wanted. I tried photons. I tried photons aimed at an invisible polyhedron. I tried media. Nothing worked.

Ah, I see, we share the same experience :-) Tims disco idea is really a challenge and most of my ideas failed.

   The bar shelf has three rows of lights. The top row lights and the mid row lights are placed in the transparent object. The bottom row lights are placed behind the objects.

In my little fight with the lights, I have forgotten the shelf totally. But you have found a good solution.

   The DJ light was actually an accident.

Yes, 90 percent of my results are more or less accidently. And these are often the ones that look most natural.

   The floor is probably the best part of my entry.

Yes, it is that kind of glowing I have tried to achieve, but I was not patient enough this time to make more attempts.

   ...but the media and lights created a horrible line artifact as the light was “escaping”

had the same trouble in many attempts...:-(

   ...but this is good, I think.

I agree :-)

Andreas